Wednesday, May 13, 2009

My Agenda

The Dallas Art Agenda focus will be primarily gallery openings, lectures and art related events in the Dallas and Ft. Worth area that I find especially exciting. It could be my attitude (and not the city) changing, but this feels like a particularly vibrant time for our arts community. Some galleries have or are closing their doors such as And/Or Gallery, Gerald Peters Gallery and Brooke Berman Gallery to name a few. On the other hand there have been Art Socials at CADD Art Lab, Art Motel night at Marty Walker Gallery, gallery talks, art walks and lectures. I hope that the energy in the art community that I feel is resilient in the face of economic downturns and the other adversities that will come along after that. It feels like a perfect time to celebrate what I see as the best the art scene has to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment